The MX4500E Features:
- Durable 7.0 HP, Air-Cooled Engine with Low-Oil Shut-Off.
- Super-Quiet Muffler Reduces Engine Noise.
- Heavy-Duty Steel Frame with Fully Isolated, 4-Point Engine Mounts For Smooth and Quiet Operation.
- All steel, 4 Gal. Fuel Tank with EZ-Read Gauge with Estimated 8-Hour Run Time.
- Idle control holds RPM at a constant level even under heavy loads for fuel savings and noise reduction.
- Full Power Panel Includes: RV Switch, Engine Shutoff Switch, Volt Meter, Circuit Breaker & Fully Protected Power Outlets.
- (2) 120vAC Outlet, (1) 120/240vAC Twist-Lock Outlet.
- (1) 12vDC Battery Charging Outlet.
- Easy Starting Quiet Running 4 Stroke Motor.
- 8 Hour Run Time on a Single Tank of Fuel.
- Full Power Panel with 12v, 120v, and 240v Output.
- Max AC Output: 4500 Watts.
- Rated AC Output: 3500 Watts.
- Current: 120/240vAC & 12vDC.
- (2) 120vAC 20A 3-Prong Outlets
- (Standard Household Plug).
- (1) 120/240vAC 30A Twist Lock
- (NEMA L14-30 3 Pole 4 Wire).
- Fully Isolated Steel Roll Cage
- Low Oil Shutoff.
- EPA Approved Engine.
- Super Quiet Exhaust w/ Spark Arrestor.
- EZ-START Recoil and Electric Start.
- 7.0 Hp Air Cooled Engine.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4 Gal.
- Decibel: 69 dBA.
- New improved all-terrain never flat tires.
- Run-Time [ @ 50% Max Output ]: 8.0 hrs.
- RV Switch for 30Amp 120v power to supply demanding RV needs.
- New improved all-terrain never flat tires.
- Flip-Up stow away Handles.
- Spark plug wrench
- All new high impact interior/exterior packaging insures your generator will get to you in 100% factory perfect condition.
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(6 Reviews)
July 7th, 2011
So far AWESOME!
Comment:I received my generator yesterday. It was packaged very well and was exactly what was advertised. Wheel kit and handles on in less than 30 minutes and all tools needed for assembly were included. Added oil and gas, turned on the fuel valve and it started right up. After warm up I connected it to my camper and it ran a full load fine. Now just waiting for a chance to get in the woods! N
May 1st, 2011
Comment:I live in North Alabama. Generator came in the day before the second deadliest outbreak of tornadoes in our nation's history. Installed wheel kit, oil, gas in about 30 minutes. It cranked right up. It ran 5 days straight flawlessly. I made sure to check oil regularly and keeped it gased up. I ran a refrig., 55inch tv, cable box, light, ps3, and a 32 inch tv without any trouble.
May 1st, 2011
Comment:This generator is everything it's advertised to be. It's inexpensive and delivers enough power to operate a couple of computers and a 1200w heater easily. The electric start is a great feature. The oil fill is a little difficult to get into without a long narrow funnel but otherwise it easy to operate. I live in a rural area where the electricity drops out some of the time so this generator was purchased as an emergency survival generator. I wouldn't recommend it to power a whole house but you can stay online and warm until the power comes back on.The price was fantastic and it only took 4-5 days to get it here.
March 26th, 2011
Comment:Great product for the price. Received it in a timely matter. Put together easily. Gas consumption is low so less filling up. Enough power to run my ac and all the elec. in the trailer without question. Breaker works great because I tried to run everything and turn on the microwave and it popped off .( Knew it wasnt rated for it).Very happy with the elec. start also . Just a great product overall. The one thing I wish is that the handles locked into place with a pin .
September 5th, 2010
Great inexpensive generator
Comment:The wifey wanted something in the face of Hurricane Earl (which thankfully did nothing more than give us about a 1/2 of rain in these parts), so after researching what was available at the home stores and seeing the number of positive reviews of the DuroMax 4400, I decided to buy. I went for this slightly larger model primarily for the automatic idle control, and the slightly higher output of the engine. After unpacking (and while the box had heavy foam to protect the generator, the tape on the box flaps didn't survive FedEx so it arrived open) I put it together in about 10 minutes, then discovered I needed to go out and get a grounding rod. (There seems to be some debate about this online, but it seemed to make sense for safety reasons). Fortunately cheap at home depot (under $10.) and surprisingly easy to install (got about 6' in by hand, then pounded in the rest with a small sledge). Following the directions, I added oil (and you WILL need a funnel and you SHOULD pay attention to the amount: it's hard to do it by sight), gas and connected the battery. Turned right over and didn't start. Ah, the choke is open or closed in the manual, while on or off given the labeling on the device. So after switching it to on, it started right up, off the battery (despite warnings I'd need to pull start it). After running a few minutes and turning off the choke (open), I connected up a few loads, and it ran them just fine. A 1800 watt heater did cause the engine to labor very slightly, but of course I was using only one arm of the generator, so presumably I could have hooked up another 1800 watt load to the other 20A 120V outlet without much additional load. All in all, it seems to have been a good buy; I'm pleased with the quality, and even more so with the quality for the money - other generators of this caliber run $800 and up.
August 16th, 2010
Comment:We live on the North California Coast and every year we suffer from heavy storms that may cut out our electric power, at times for more than one day. As a protection, we just bought this little generator, a good compromise of convenient price,essential power, small size and ease of operation. This seller was perfect in providing quick delivery - with easy instructions we got it to a fast start and tested it repeatedly with success. We are very pleased and we recommend it.