The MX4500E FEATURES:
- Durable 7.0 HP, Air-Cooled Engine with Low-Oil Shut-Off.
- Super-Quiet Muffler Reduces Engine Noise.
- Heavy-Duty Steel Frame with Fully Isolated, 4-Point Engine Mounts For Smooth and Quiet Operation.
- All steel, 4 Gal. Fuel Tank with EZ-Read Gauge with Estimated 8-Hour Run Time.
- Idle control holds RPM at a constant level even under heavy loads for fuel savings and noise reduction.
- Full Power Panel Includes: RV Switch, Engine Shutoff Switch, Volt Meter, Circuit Breaker & Fully Protected Power Outlets.
- (2) 120vAC Outlet, (1) 120/240vAC Twist-Lock Outlet.
- (1) 12vDC Battery Charging Outlet.
- Easy Starting Quiet Running 4 Stroke Motor.
- 8 Hour Run Time on a Single Tank of Fuel.
- Full Power Panel with 12v, 120v, and 240v Output.
- Max AC Output: 4500 Watts.
- Rated AC Output: 3500 Watts.
- Current: 120/240vAC & 12vDC.
- (2) 120vAC 20A 3-Prong Outlets
- (Standard Household Plug).
- (1) 120/240vAC 30A Twist Lock
- (NEMA L14-30 3 Pole 4 Wire).
- Fully Isolated Steel Roll Cage
- Low Oil Shutoff.
- EPA Approved Engine.
- Super Quiet Exhaust w/ Spark Arrestor.
- EZ-START Recoil and Electric Start.
- 7.0 Hp Air Cooled Engine.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4 Gal.
- Decibel: 69 dBA.
- New improved all-terrain never flat tires.
- Run-Time [ @ 50% Max Output ]: 8.0 hrs.
- RV Switch for 30Amp 120v power to supply demanding RV needs.
- New improved all-terrain never flat tires.
- Flip-Up stow away Handles.
- Spark plug wrench
- All new high impact interior/exterior packaging insures your generator will get to you in 100% factory perfect condition.
** This Generator Can Not Be Shipped to California **
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(10 Reviews)
July 24th, 2012
Decent generator for the money
Comment:This unit is hard to beat w/electric start. Instructions are minimal and not very good. There was just an axle, wheels, handles, and front end supports to install. If you are mechanical you can figure it out.
The specs say it is 69dB not very loud... a conversation is about 60dB but that is at 7 meters.
After putting it together, adding gas and oil, connecting the battery, turning the gas valve open, I turned the key. It started immediately. I hooked up a few power tools, lights etc... It worked as it should.
This is a good generator for the money. My neighbor bought one at L0we$`for $429 plus tax w/o electric start and w/less power. If you can wait to have it shipped buy it.
July 24th, 2012
Comment:Arrived on time with no damage to generator. Easy to set up but havent had a chance to start it up yet. I like the fact that its compact and fits nicely in a tight garage for storage.
With no shipping cost or tax well worth the price so far. Looks like Ill be ready for the next power outage!
July 13th, 2012
Well Built and a great price!
Comment:I looked at 4 or 5 other brands of generators before settling on a Duromax. At such a great price I expected it to be tinny compared to some of the others I had looked at but I have to tell you, this thing is well built.
Its well designed and the wheels and handles went on quickly with no problem.
Added oil, connected the negative to the battery, gave it some gas and it fired right off. Adjusted the choke and she ran like a kitten. Engine noise is actually quieter than I expected.
Flipped the main breaker to ON, hooked up a couple shop tools to make sure both outlets worked and watched the voltmeter as I turned on the tools. To my surprise, the volt meter hardly moved even during the tool surge and it put no strain in the engine at all.
I bought this to run essentials during a power outage and Im convinced I made a good buy.
I honestly dont think you will find a better generator any anywhere near this price.
June 4th, 2012
Comment:its a very good generator best price i could find with electric start id recommend it to anyone thx.
April 10th, 2012
Very happy with my generator
Comment:i found this generator and it was an excellent price and shipping was free..I use it to power my weed eaters when mowing,some of where I use the weed eaters is 700 to 800 feet from the house and a plug in. It works wonderfully..powers compressors and a welder or two...one is 120 and one is 240 .I had a 500 watt that was a pull start and it would never power the welders...not enough amps...this one is fine.I bought it to run an oxygen concentrator during storms and when ever the power goes off but have been lucky there. I just wish I had found these folks a couple of years back
March 28th, 2012
What an excellent bargain, including the shiping
Comment:This was my first Generator that I have owned; from the time I ordered this Duro Max Elite MAX 4500E Generator, to the time I assemble the wheels, legs, arms, add the oil and gas, this unit kicked right over and I have used it daily. Two days ago, I had a knock at my front door to fine a lady that was having problems starting her vehicle. I tried the 12 volt DC of the Duro Max Elite and again this unit did it job. I'm very happy with the performance and it is very easy to run the electricity to my mobile 20 foot NOMAD trailer and the lady that was stranded was very happy I had her back on the road again. Thank You for the opportunity to voice my option.
October 4th, 2011
Tropical Strom Irene
Comment:Bought this generator on my phone during the blackout when Irene rolled in, we were out of power for 3 1/2 days. We received it the following week in good condition. I just had a 10- breaker transfer switch hooked up to my service panel threw on all 10-breakers, well pump, furnace, kitchen/outlets & lights, lagre srceen tv,cable and sump pump & frig, while most of the items were under power the generator ran fine, it was pulling about 3300 watts, the transfer box has dual meter to measure output to breakers.., It did surge up a bit when the well pump kicked in..saw the lights dim quick, but everytime was working both generator and power. The price was lower when I purchased.., but would consider it a good value generator for the money.
September 30th, 2011
Comment:got the product in tact via ups. no problem at all with instructions. turn key and generator fired up. very impress with generator . would reconmend to a friiend
September 12th, 2011
Good generator for the money
Comment:Generator was very well packed, easy to prep for use and started right away. After it ran for several minutes a load was added and it performed nicely. Very well pleased with it so far. One just needs to keep a log and faithfully start and run with a load once a month. This generator will serve me just fine and the price was right.
August 28th, 2011
Comment:The seller, price and delivery was excellant. The generator perfoms as advertised. I run it once a month to keep the system working and battery charged. The only thing I have against it is the handles. I wish there was some way of locking them in place. When the need comes to push the generator back to where I store it, it has a tendancy to rise up on me as the handles try to fold back down as pictured. Recommend it, yes.