The MX4500E Features:
- Durable 7.0 HP, Air-Cooled Engine with Low-Oil Shut-Off.
- Super-Quiet Muffler Reduces Engine Noise.
- Heavy-Duty Steel Frame with Fully Isolated, 4-Point Engine Mounts For Smooth and Quiet Operation.
- All steel, 4 Gal. Fuel Tank with EZ-Read Gauge with Estimated 8-Hour Run Time.
- Idle control holds RPM at a constant level even under heavy loads for fuel savings and noise reduction.
- Full Power Panel Includes: RV Switch, Engine Shutoff Switch, Volt Meter, Circuit Breaker & Fully Protected Power Outlets.
- (2) 120vAC Outlet, (1) 120/240vAC Twist-Lock Outlet.
- (1) 12vDC Battery Charging Outlet.
- Easy Starting Quiet Running 4 Stroke Motor.
- 8 Hour Run Time on a Single Tank of Fuel.
- Full Power Panel with 12v, 120v, and 240v Output.
- Max AC Output: 4500 Watts.
- Rated AC Output: 3500 Watts.
- Current: 120/240vAC & 12vDC.
- (2) 120vAC 20A 3-Prong Outlets
- (Standard Household Plug).
- (1) 120/240vAC 30A Twist Lock
- (NEMA L14-30 3 Pole 4 Wire).
- Fully Isolated Steel Roll Cage
- Low Oil Shutoff.
- EPA Approved Engine.
- Super Quiet Exhaust w/ Spark Arrestor.
- EZ-START Recoil and Electric Start.
- 7.0 Hp Air Cooled Engine.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4 Gal.
- Decibel: 69 dBA.
- New improved all-terrain never flat tires.
- Run-Time [ @ 50% Max Output ]: 8.0 hrs.
- RV Switch for 30Amp 120v power to supply demanding RV needs.
- New improved all-terrain never flat tires.
- Flip-Up stow away Handles.
- Spark plug wrench
- All new high impact interior/exterior packaging insures your generator will get to you in 100% factory perfect condition.
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(10 Reviews)
August 2nd, 2013
The Elite works great!
Comment:I own two Duromax generators! I needed the second for my Mother’s house. After Sandy struck the Duromax saved the day! The Elite was easy to assemble and fired right up. The added gas gauge is extremely helpful. I would get the electric start model; just make sure you keep the battery up through a trickle charger. I have found running the generators once a month is best thing for them, just make sure you have a load on it so the carb governor gets exercised. They included a funnel for the oil which is helpful. The wheel kit directions could be a bit better, but I figured it out. I know Duromax would like this, but I would get two of them for each household, a back up on top of a backup. When a storm or event hits running any motor for a long time has consequences having a second one ready to go is always a good idea. Redundancy is a must in storm preparation.
July 12th, 2013
Comment:Have a Horse Trailer, And needed extra power in case none was avail, used it for the first time and it did everything and then some. used only about 4 gals for 15 hrs.
December 23rd, 2012
Comment:I have had this generator for a year. It is very well made and works great!!!
November 10th, 2012
kicked sandy's butt
Comment:bought this in august 2012 just to have a generator for back-up power in case of storms. Well Sandy put this unit to work. 10 days without power and this unit has kept my family comfortable and protected our food too. refrigerator, heating system and a few lights did not strain this unit at all. bonus it ran an average 12 hours on about four gallons of gas. best of all electric start works great. no pulling cords, turn the key and it fires right up. couldn't be more pleased with this generator.
November 9th, 2012
Comment:I bought this generartor about a year ago live on long island and i get sometimes two blackouts a year. Well sandy was my first real use of the MX4500E All I can say is wow i ran this thing for a 11 days in the wake of sandy.It powered my Entire apt large freezer chest refrige/freezer 2 t.v's 2 computers 6 lamps coffe maker 2 cable boxes 55 gallon fish tanks and many other things when needed And it did all this on about 2.5 to 3 gallons a day the cost of fuel for 11 days was about $95 my neighbor used $500 in fuel it always started with the first tap of the key It ran like a champ anyone looking for a great reliable affordable generator this is the one
November 1st, 2012
Currently saving me after Hurricane Sandy!
Comment:I ordered this generator a day after we got hit by Irene last year. I got lucky after Irene. We lost power, but it was the following day after my sump pump had already done its work on house power. I did not set up this generator until I lost power early into Sandy. I initially used it to just run my sump pump, but we did not have nearly as much water as last year and it was done after an hour. Then, I hooked it up to my fridge via 100' 12ga extension cord with the pump the next day, but then I just needed it for the fridge. Currently, I am running the fridge with that same 100' cable without issue. I am also running a 50' + 25' (needed the extra 25) to a power strip which is powering two lamps with 3 bulbs totaling 170 watts + a powered USB hub going to 3 cell phones and 1-2 other USB devices + 1 iPad + my Lenovo laptop. If I had more cables I could probably run my FIOS backup battery + modem + 52" LCD. With this current setup, I am getting about 7 hours until I see the gas level indicator at about 10% and I shut it off for 30 min to cool off an refill on gas. I am hoping to get power soon and am thankful for this wonderful generator. I think the engine is comparable to a Honda, which is why the performance has been great. Thank you so much for this wonderful product. You have given my family some peace of mind! My next step will be to wire a switch so that I can run the blower on my gas heater, mainly if I lose power during the eventual snow storms.
August 19th, 2012
Best value out there !
Comment:As a contractor, I have bought about 50 generators to date. All things considered; this is the best unit I ever bought for the money ! It far surpasses the Generac units that everyone is buying. Duromax is a better quality, has higher output, and is atleast 25% cheaper ! There is absolutely no comparison. Thank you for making a wonderful product with a very realistic price point. A++ thank you
August 16th, 2012
Performs as advertised
Comment:I receiver the shipment, uncrated it and added gas. The electric start works great. Ive only run it for 4-5 hours, but find nothing to complain about. Mostly I run my RVs AC. Its quiet and does the job. I loaded it to the max load one time and it ran perfectly. Thanks for a great product at such a reasonable price.
August 15th, 2012
awesome generator for the money
Comment:We have not had to use the generator for power outage yet, but we have had it running. It is very easy to start and use. It has great power and a lot of bells and whistles.
July 28th, 2012
well built generator
Comment:generator was shipped within a week wheel kit on was easy to install added oil ,connected battery turn key started within a few seconds.I believe this is a very good generator for the price.